With a heavy emphasis on narrative, Estra’s journey through Midgard is filled with Nordic lore, mysterious twists, and consequential decisions. Players will converse with a variety of characters and share in Estra’s discoveries as she learns more about her family’s past and the looming darkness spreading across the realm. The Gods have abandoned Midgard. Once a prosperous land teeming with mythical beasts and beings, it now rots from the inside, tainted by unknown forces. Odin’s chosen guardians of the realm are gone. In their absence, the sacred Elder Tree they swore to protect is exposed to abuse and manipulation. Now, the only remnants of hope reside in Estra, the daughter of humankind’s last great leader.
ATONE: Heart of the Elder Tree is the first game created by Wildboy Studios; with development starting at the beginning of 2017.
- Interactive Story: Estra’s path is fraught with difficult decisions and untrustworthy characters that can lead her astray. Her story is intertwined with the player’s ability to discern fact from fiction and to decide right from wrong. Avoid battle, help companions, save your people, but remember that the consequences are Estra’s to bear.
- Puzzles: Along the way, players must solve incrementally challenging puzzles that reveal insightful secrets, fantastical abilities, and hidden passageways. While trial and error is useful, patience is necessary. Not every problem allows for multiple mistakes and failure is most certainly an option. The answers you seek may be lost if you make the wrong decision.
- Combat: Violence isn’t always necessary, but, when push comes to shove, ATONE’s combat is a delicate dance of sword and axe. Combat is grounded in the rhythm game genre and the mechanics of titles like Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution. Music is a crucial component, with each fight receiving its very own song.
- Music: ATONE’s music and sound design blend a synth-heavy score with the digitally corrupted sounds of period-specific instruments.
Release Trailer — YouTube
Gameplay Trailer — YouTube
Reveal Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Wildboy Studios
- Captivating stories, striking art, poignant sound, technological ingenuity, and above all else, individual contribution; the building blocks of video games allow for a form of artistic expression unmatched by any other medium. They are multilateral explorations of meaning and creativity that are initiated by developers and perpetuated by players. At Wildboy Studios, the games we create fully embrace this sentiment. Our work is only the first step of many on a path that can lead anywhere. We contribute our part of the journey in hopes that you’ll contribute yours.
- More information
- More information on Wildboy Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
ATONE: Heart of the Elder Tree Credits
- Patric Corletto
- Ben Costeloe
- Sid Bardiya
- Jack of all Trades
- Jim DeLuca
- Rebecca Taylor
- James Shuar
- Andrew Prahlow
- Mirko Corletto
- Development Support